Trophée Pares Balta Jyväskylän osakilpailun koe20.10.2016
Kokonaispisteet 147pst aikaa 55 min
- Who founded Constantia and in which year?
- What are the most planted red and white varieties of South Africa?
- Name the 7 wards of Stellenbosch.
- Name the 5 geographical units of South Africa.
- Connect the winery with the correct AVA.
- Château Montelena 1) Oakville
- Robert Mondavi 2) Calistoga
- Taittinger 3) Rutherford
- Esterlina Winery 4) Carneros
- Gary’s Vineyards 5) Santa Lucia Highlands
- Beaulieu Vineyards 6) Cole Ranch
- Which was the first AVA of Washington and when was it founded?
- Which French hybrid is allowed for VQA icewine?
- Name the 5 designated viticultural areas of British Columbia.
- Where are the following restaurants situated?
- Charlie Bird
- Per Se
- Rouge Tomate
- French Laundry
- Joël Robuchon
- What is the minimum temperature for picking grapes for icewine?
- Who is responsible for the name Fumé Blanc?
- Name 3 Vitis labrusca varieties.
- True or False?
- a) Alexandria Lakes and Upper Mississippi River Valley are AVA’s of Minnesota
- b) For a wine to carry an AVA name on its label, at least 75% of the grapes must be grown in that AVA.
- c) Any wine bearing ”California” or any California AVA or appellation guarantees that 85% of the grapes are grown in the Golden State.
d)There are currently five winery’s in Alaska.
e)When a vineyard is listed on a California wine label, it indicates that 95% of the grapes came from that vineyard.
- Name the sate for the following AVA’s
- Edna Valley
- Paso Robles
- Yakima Valley
- Snake River Valley
- Finger Lakes
- Walla Walla Valley
- Dunnigan Hills
- Lake Erie
- Red Mountain
- Name parents of following crossings:
Ruby Cabernet =
Roobernet = /10
- Name the better known synonyms of following grapes:
Cape Riesling =
- Name the wards of following regions:
20.Name four provinces, where Canadian wine industry is consentrated.